Our Transportation Design group has established itself as a leader in the industry, with expertise in the design of roadway and intersection improvements for local agencies, private developers, schools, colleges, hospitals, parks departments, corporations, and many others. The design group begins involvement in the early stages of project planning to ensure feasibility of potential infrastructure improvements. Conceptual designs and preliminary opinions-of-cost are often developed at this stage. From there, the Design group role continues through permit/construction document preparation, and ultimately through construction support.Over the past 12 years, the Design group has successfully completed a significant number of projects, in sub consultant and prime consultant roles. Some of the areas of expertise of TENW’s Design group include roadway layout and horizontal/vertical alignments, intersection signalization and interconnection, roundabouts, illumination, channelization, traffic calming, construction traffic control plan preparation, grant application support, and construction inspection. The Design group has also been involved in many non-motorized improvement projects, such as signalized pedestrian crossings, innovative pedestrian activated warning systems, trails and parks systems, as well as bicycle storage facilities.
We pride ourselves in the ability to clearly communicate with our clients and other stakeholders throughout the project process, whether in a meeting or a public presentation. We take a practical approach to design based on years of experience in the office and in the field.
The following list highlights select projects completed by TENW staff during the past several years on major transportation design projects.
- City of Bellingham - Grant Application/Design of West Bakerview Road/I-5 Interchange Improvements – Bellingham, Washington
- City of Bothell - Bothell Everett Hwy/228th St SW WSDOT Safety Grant Improvements – Bothell, Washington
- City of Maple Valley -Witte Rd Corridor Analysis and Design – Maple Valley, Washington
- City of Woodinville - NE Woodinville-Duvall Road Widening Improvements – Woodinville, Washington
- Microsoft Corporation - Multiple Public and Private Multimodal Improvements – Redmond, Washington
- Fife Casino Expansion - Development of 1/2-mile of New 59th Avenue E – Fife, Washington
- Saint Anthony’s Hospital - US 395 Roadway Improvements – Pendleton, Oregon
- Issaquah School District - Issaquah High School 2nd Ave SE Improvements – Issaquah, Washington
- Snoqualmie Tribe of Indians - Casino Snoqualmie Roundabout – Snoqualmie, Washington